Playing the song game, for which cahwyguy assigned me the letter “M.”
1. Reply to this post and I'll assign you a letter.
2. List 5 songs you like that start with that letter.
3. Post them to your journal with these instructions.
I got carried away and added some commentary.
1. My Funny Valentine. My third favorite Gershwin song, behind "Nice Work If You Can Get It" and "Embraceable You." Like all standards, it has been recorded too many times for me to recommend one performance. Ella Fitzgerald is usually safe, as is Frank Sinatra.
2. Moondance - Van Morrison. One of those songs I just feel compelled to sing along with.
3. More I Cannot Wish You - from "Guys and Dolls." A lovely song from the best musical ever written.
4. My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors - Moxy Fruvous. For anybody whose partner knows that a menage a trois means the two of you and a good book.
5. Mary Ellen Carter - Stan Rogers. The most cheerful song ever written. If you are depressed you can either throw yourself on your bed and cry along to Leonard Cohen or put this on and rise again.