2. Have you ever had any teeth pulled? Yes. Wisdom teeth, back when I was 30ish.
3. What is one of your favorite comedy movies? The Gods Must Be Crazy.
4. Do you have a crush on anyone that you haven’t really talked to before? I have a minor crush on Ari Shapiro (NPR reporter and cabaret singer). And, yes, I know he is: a) gay and b) married.
5. What is your least favorite sour patch kids color? I have no idea what colors sour patch kids come in, but I usually dislike black and red candies.
6. Have you ever won a competition? If so, what was it and what did you win? I was on an award winning newcomb team in 4th or 5th grade and got a keychain for that. (Newcomb is a sort of variant of volleyball that we played in elementary school. It was apparently very popular in the early 20th century and has pretty much died out by now.)
7. Did you ever take classes for a musical instrument when you were younger? I took many years of piano lessons and played the viola for a couple of years in elementary school.
8. How often do you walk around barefoot? Most of the time when I’m home.
9. What architectural style was your childhood home? Split-level ranch.
10. Who do you usually say hello or good morning first? I live alone. I don’t really say good morning to anyone most days.
11. When was the last time you visited the park? Who did you go with? I walk to the park near my house at least every few days, generally alone.
12. What language did you take in high school? I took 4 years of German and 2 of French.
13. Have you ever been to a drive-in theater? Not that I can think of and I am fairly sure I’d remember if I had.
14. Have you ever been on vacation with someone other than your family? I’ve gone on trips with various friends and traveled with tour groups a few times.
15. Do you think doctors should be able to prescribe vitamins? I don’t see an advantage to prescriptions vs. buying vitamins over the counter.
16. If you have a significant other, how long have you been together? I don’t currently have a significant other, but the gentleman with whom I conducted the world’s longest running brief meaningless fling and I were together for over 26 years.
17. Have you ever been a part of a wedding party? I was the flower girl at my uncle’s wedding when I was not quite 5 years old
18. What song are you listening to at the moment? I’m playing Codenames with friends over zoom and the song "Downtown” just came up in discussion.
19. What was the last piece of furniture you purchased? My desk chair.
20. Do you have an iPod? Not any more.
21. Do you usually have to wear a belt with your pants? No.
22. Have you ever donated blood? If not, why not? I did years ago, but they won’t take my blood now because I’ve traveled too much in weird parts of the world.
23. What is a meme or picture you’ve seen recently that has made you laugh? “It is important to get a good night’s sleep so you can fully experience the quiet despair of everyday existence.”
24. Have you ever bought something recommended by an ad on social media before? Sort of. I think I first saw Hot Chocolate Designs shoes on a Facebook ad.
25. How often do you go to the beach?Not often enough.
26. Do you ever look up actors you think you recognize in movies and shows? Now and then.
27. Do you prefer earphones or over the ear headphones? I find headphones much more comfortable.
28. Do you remember when you first went on the internet? It was about 1985 and I spent way too much time on Usenet.
29. What is one thing that you refuse to ever do in your lifetime? Bungee jumping.
30. Which one of your friends is the most outgoing? Teri probably.
This entry was originally posted at https://fauxklore.dreamwidth.org/497504.html. Please comment there using OpenID.