2. Have you ever had a long distance relationship? The gentleman with whom I conducted the world’s longest running brief meaningless fling progressed from living in the same city, to living in different cities in the same state, to living on different continents. I am sad to say that this suited me in a number of ways.
3. When you make a mess are you more likely to clean it up right away, or do you get to it later? It depends on what sort of mess it is. I wipe up liquids and yucky things right away, but paper messes can sit a long time.
4. What do you look forward to the most about the colder times of the year? Being able to take a walk without getting horribly sweaty.
5. Have you ever hung your clothes out on a clothesline? Sure. This was normal when I was a child. In adulthood, it’s mostly been while traveling.
6. What is the dumbest way you’ve injured yourself? I broke my ankle by falling down one step.
7. If you use libraries, what is the largest overdue fine you've ever had? I don’t think I’ve ever had an overdue fine. I read fast.
8. When was the last time you did something for the first time? Well, I go to new places all the time, if that counts. I’d also add breaking a rib about two weeks ago to something new but I would really rather not repeat that experience.
9. Which holiday is your favorite to decorate for? I don’t decorate for holidays. If I lived in a house, not a condo, I’d build a sukkah and decorate it.
10. What craft project do you want to do next? First, I have to finish this cross-stitch I’ve been working on for months and am not quite halfway through. Then, probably finish a couple of afghans.
11. Do you have any family members that you've never met? There are lots of cousins I’ve never met. But the closest relative I’ve never met is one of my father’s half-sisters.
12. When it comes to friends, what's the biggest thing you have in common? My friends fall into a few categories - people I’ve worked with, people with common interests (e.g. storytellers), people I grew up with and/or went to school / college with, people I’ve traveled with, etc.
13. Did you ever hit anything while learning to drive? I’m sure I hit the curb when learning to parallel park, but I can’t think of anything else.
14. Do you prefer bright colors, dark colors, or pastel colors? It depends on the context. I like to wear a combination of black and bright colors. But I like more subdued toes for home decor.n
15. How long have you lived with the person/people you currently live with? I live alone, so I suppose all my life.
16. What was the dumbest thing you ever did as a teenager? Go out on a friend’s boat at night without lights.
17. Would you prefer hardwood flooring or carpet in your home? I like nice soft carpet.
18. What’s the most you’ll pay for a pair of shoes? Maybe a couple of hundred dollars
19. Which flower is your favorite? I like the look of irises and they’re what I’d usually buy to put in a vase. But I also like several flowers with strong smells, like old-fashioned roses. Or lily-of-the-valley.
20. Which season do you think is the prettiest? Autumn.
21. What is the last thing you cooked? Kasha with onions and mushrooms.
22. If you could live in a fictional world, which would it be? I’m not sure if it counts since Edinburgh is a real city, but I’d love an apartment at 44 Scotland Street.
23. Where was the farthest you’ve ever traveled from home? Furthest north - above the Arctic circle in Norway. Furthest south - Antarctica. Furthest east/west - maybe Perth, Australia? I’ve circled the globe, so there are lots of options.
24. Have you ever slammed the door when you were mad? I’m sure I did as a child, but not in many many years.
25. How old were you when you met your first love? About 15. We both went to a Saturday science program at Columbia University.
26. Were your college years the best years of your life? They had many good aspects, but I think my 30’s were the best years of my life.
27. What’s the most relaxing thing you did today? Take a nap.
28. What do you usually drink with breakfast? Coffee or tea.
29. How many closets does your house have? I have a huge walk-in closet in my bedroom. There’s a fair sized closet in the other bedroom. Then there’s a coat closet in the entrance hallway and a linen closet next to the kitchen.
30. What year is your car? 2019.
31. What’s the largest animal you’ve ever had as a pet? A cat named Sunshine who we had around when I was in junior high.
This entry was originally posted at https://fauxklore.dreamwidth.org/496321.html. Please comment there using OpenID.