1. Has a random person ever asked you for your phone number? Not that I can think of. And, frankly, I can’t imagine giving my phone number to someone I don’t really know.
2. Do you have freckles? Some, but mostly I have small moles.
3. Ever stolen a street sign? No. And I can’t imagine why someone would.
4. How would you describe your last disappointment? There are people who are best avoided.
5. Is there someone you absolutely cannot stand but have to tolerate? I had that situation at work, but retirement cured it.
6. What’s the last thing you said out loud? Probably “excuse me,” a phrase I am the last person in North America to use.
7. What time is your alarm clock set for? The hour varies, but the minutes will be either 17, 37, or 57.
8. Do you get any magazines in the mail? Technology Review.
9. Would you rather take a shower or a bath? Shower for getting clean, bath for soaking and relaxing, ideally with bubbles or bath salts.
10. Out of everyone you know, who has the most heart? Tony goes out of his way to help people who need it.
11. How many beings live in your house? Just me, unless I forgot about something in the back of the refrigerator.
12. How many cars have you ever owned? Three - a 1985 Toyota Corolla, 1 1994 Saturn SL2, and my current car, which is a 2019 Hyundai Accent.
13. Can you do math in your head well? I can do mental arithmetic well, but not, say, differential equations. When I was a kid, my parents would send my brother and me into town to pick up the Sunday New York Times and a box of Italian pastries. We were allowed to spend the change and it helped to be good enough at arithmetic to maximize our comic book purchases.
14. Does your house have air conditioning throughout, or do you have one that sits in your window? I have central air conditioning in my condo.
15. What’s your least favorite chore to do around the house? Nature abhors a vacuum and so do I.
16. What’s your favorite flavor of potato chips? I grew up liking Wise onion and garlic potato chips, but they are not available here. In their absence, I suppose barbecue.
17. Do you ever read the weather forecast? At least daily.
18. Do amusement park rides make you sick? No, but I don’t do a lot of rides because I am terrified of heights.
19. What kind of cheese do you put on your sandwiches? I don’t. Except for grilled cheese, which I make with pepper jack. Unless you count bagels with cream cheese and lox as sandwiches.
20. How old were you when you got your driver’s license? I took driver’s ed in high school, but didn’t get my license until I was in my 20’s and about to move to Los Angeles.
21. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? No.
22. How many jobs have you had? It depends on what you count. Growing up, I babysat exactly once for the imps across the street and did a bunch of tutoring. In college, I worked desk at the dorm and also serviced rooms during times when the dorm was used as a conference hotel. I also worked as a counselor at a couple of summer camps. In grad school, I was paid for being a research assistant, so I suppose that counts as a job. In the professional world, I worked for the same company for 35 years, but I had 7 jobs over those years, assuming I remember correctly. So maybe 14-ish total? Wait, I’ve also gotten paid for photography and for storytelling.
23. What’s your favorite kind of soup? This time of year, cold borscht with sour cream and boiled potatoes. Or gazpacho. Other times of year, matzo ball soup or lentil soup or bean and barley soup. Or meatball pho from a particular food truck.
24. Do you still have your wisdom teeth?> No, I had them out many (30+) years ago.
25. Did you have a swing set in your yard when you were a child? No, we walked to a playground a block or two away.
26. What was your favorite book you had to read for school? We read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton in junior high. I cried my eyes out.
27. Last wedding attended? Hmm, maybe my brother’s sometimes in the 1990’s? (They got divorced around 1998).
28. How long was your longest drive in a car? I drove from Los Angeles to northern Virginia in 2002.
29. Do you frequent social media more or less now? More or less than what? Probably less, though I do check LJ/DW and Facebook at least daily.
30. What is something that never fails to make you feel accomplished? Completing a crafts project.
31. What kind of cake did you have for your last birthday? I don’t think I had cake. In general, as sweets go, I prefer ice cream.
This entry was originally posted at https://fauxklore.dreamwidth.org/492421.html. Please comment there using OpenID.