2) It has now reached the point in the election cycle when I just want it to be over with. I decided that one phone call equals at least 5 mailings in sheer annoyingness.
3) I did not go down to the rallies today since I need to spend some time at home. I did, however, go out to dinner last night with a group that included someone who had flown in from California for the event. We mostly talked travel. My significant discovery of the evening was that Levante's in Dupont Circle has a few Georgian wines on their wine list. This makes me happy.
4) The trees in my neighborhood have exploded into color more or less overnight. This also makes me happy. I only wish I had time to drive out to the Manassas Battlefield, which has my favorite autumn walk.
5) I did decide to go to a little bit of the VASA Storytelling Series next weekend. I'm still on the fence about going to New York for Utopia Limited. If I waffle long enough, maybe they'll sell out and I will have a good reason not to do that to myself.
6) How does somebody go on The Amazing Race and not know what "fast forward taken" means? And why would they even think there was a chance it would still be available when they were the 7th team to leave? At least the sheer dumbness of the tattooed couple does provide a bit of comic relief.