- Have you ever driven an electric car?
No, though I have driven a hybrid. That was a Prius I had as a rental once in Los Angeles. It was pretty awful from an ergonomic perspective.
- Do you live in an area that is prone to tornadoes?
We’re not especially prone to them, but we do get a tornado in the broader region every couple of years.
- How many closets does your house have?
Hmmm. I have a huge walk-in closet in the master bedroom and a fair-sized closet (more step-into than walk-in) in the other bedroom. There’s a coat closet by the front door. And there is what is either a linen closet or a pantry next to the kitchen.
So that makes either 3 or 4, depending on what you count.
- When was the last time you saw someone you went to high school with?
There’s someone who lives near me who I see maybe once a year. Aside from that, I saw a bunch of folks about 2 years ago at our reunion.
- Have you ever eaten moussaka?
Yes, but I am not really crazy about Greek food as a rule.
- What breed was the last dog you saw?
Mostly I see mutts.
- How long have your parents been together (or how long were they together if they no longer are)?
My father died a few months before their 30th anniversary.
- What has been your most epic cooking failure?
I knew that 12 chili peppers seemed a lot for a recipe that serves four, but it was a cookbook I had found reliable in the past. I should have trusted my instincts.
- Do you read other people's survey answers on here?
- What's your bedtime routine?
Brush teeth. Undress. Get in bed. Hug bear. Fall asleep.
- Do you agree with the saying "distance makes the heart grow fonder?"
That should be "absence" not "distance." But it’s really more complicated. I need a certain amount of alone time, so it is true in that sense, but there’s no point in a relationship with somebody who you never see either.
- Have you ever been to Mexico?
Yes, but just a long weekend in Mazatlan. I still need to get to Oaxaca. And to do the Ruta Maya.
- Do you have a bad temper?
I can usually control it.
- When was the last time it stormed where you live?
We had some wind storms within the past several weeks, but I don’t remember quite when. There hasn’t been a thunderstorm in months, but one wouldn’t expect them until summer.
- Do you ever fact-check the things you read on the internet?
- How long would it take you to walk to the nearest store?
At the moment, I am in my office and there is a convenience store within a few minutes walk. At home, it would take me about 15 minutes to a largish shopping center, which has a supermarket, drug store, art supply store, crafts supply store, pet supply store, a couple of banks, several eating places, dry cleaners, and probably something I am completely forgetting about. There used to be a dance clothing store and a diving supply store, but both have closed. Oh, yes, there is also a seasonal stand for things like fireworks, pumpkins, and Christmas trees. And, what is truly unique as shopping centers go,the Thompson family cemetery.
- What five words best describe your mother's personality?
Curious, talkative, lazy, frugal, imaginative. All of those have been replaced by the single word, dead.
- Do you know any transgender people?
At least two.
- What's your dream job?
- How old were you when you got your first smartphone?
In my mid-50’s.
- Have you ever had a parrot sit on your shoulder?
Not that I can remember and I think I would remember if I had.
- In the morning, do you eat breakfast first or brush your teeth first?
Generally, I eat breakfast, then brush my teeth. But, if I am going out to breakfast, I brush my teeth first.
- What's something you had to learn the hard way?
We all fail sometimes.
- What sort of window coverings do you have in your living room?
Vertical blinds for the sliding glass door to the balcony. Horizontal blinds for the window.
- Has anyone in your life ever treated you abusively?
I doubt there is any American woman of my age who could answer "no" to this, but I haven’t had anything especially severe, particularly compared to stories I’ve heard from various people I know.
- What's the weather like right now?
Beautiful – sunny and in the mid-70’s. I could live without the pollen, however.
- How long has it been since your last breakup?
About 7 years.
- Can you concentrate well while listening to music, or do you find it distracting?
It depends on what I am doing and what sort of music it is. I can’t read or write while listening to anything with words. I can knit or do household paperwork with almost anything on.
- What's the name of the amusement park closest to your house?
I’m guessing Six Flags America in Bowie is the closest. That’s probably a 40 mile drive. There is probably some water park or the like that is closer.
- Do you like The Rolling Stones?
- What was the last single item you spent over $100 on?
A train ticket.
- What's something you've been struggling with lately?
Trying to get organized.
- What was the last caffeinated drink you had?
I am drinking a bottle of Coke Zero right now.
This entry was originally posted at https://fauxklore.dreamwidth.org/412279.html. Please comment there using OpenID.